Legal Disclaimer and Terms of Service
Last Updated March 1, 2019
Information on this website is provided for informational purposes only and is not legal advice. Transmission or receipt of information on this site does not create an attorney-client relationship. The website is not a substitute for obtaining legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your location.
Each legal matter is unique. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome and are not necessarily representative of all of my cases. Also, I try to provide helpful and accurate information on this website, but I assume no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the website’s content. Please do not send any confidential information to me without first speaking to me and obtaining permission from me to do so.
Some locations may consider a law firm website as advertising. As required by the Supreme Court of Iowa, the choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements, self-proclaimed expertise, or upon written information contained on this website.
Terms of Service
This website, piercelawmn.com and kellypiercelaw.com (this “Website”) is owned and operated by Pierce Law, a law firm headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
You consent to these Terms of Service
- By accessing this Website, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service (“Terms of Service”).
- If you don’t agree to these Terms of Service, you must leave this Website immediately.
- I reserve the right to change or update these Terms of Service at any time. Updated Terms of Service are effective immediately after we post them to the Website.
- By using this Website following an update, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms of Service.
Change or discontinuation
- I can make any change (including complete discontinuation) to this Website at any time, without notice.
- I won’t be liable to you or to a third party for any change to this Website.
Becoming a client
- You are not a client of Pierce Law firm until you agree to my Terms of Engagement.
- Sending me an email doesn’t make you a client of my firm.
- Until you are client of my firm, nothing you send to me will be confidential or privileged.
Use of the Website
- You may not upload to the Website or transmit through the Website any computer viruses, trojan horses, worms or anything else designed to interfere with or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer.
- This should go without saying, but you cannot change the Website and you may not interfere with the Website’s availability or operation.
- I reserve all rights and remedies available, including reporting to relevant law enforcement authorities and co-operating with those authorities.
Copyright and trademarks
- Photographic images are used with permission, and copyright is held by the respective copyright holder.
- Pierce Law owns the copyright to all non-photographic content of this Website.
- In addition, this entire Website is protected as a compilation under U.S. and international copyright laws and treaties, and Pierce Law owns the copyright in the compilation, including the collection, assembly, selection, coordination and arrangement of the content of this Website.
- You may not copy any part of this Website without my prior written permission.
- This Website contains registered and unregistered trademarks of Pierce Law.
- You can’t use these trademarks without my prior written permission.
Linking to this Website
- You can link to my homepage or to a blog post, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage my reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not link to the Website to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to this Website from any website that is not owned by you.
- This Website cannot be framed on any other site.
- I reserve the right to withdraw linking permission for any reason and without notice.
Links to other sites
- This Website may contain links to websites operated by third parties.
I don’t control other sites and don’t have any responsibility for the information, products, or services provided by those sites.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW (I) THIS SITE AND ALL OF THE CONTENT, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND; AND (II) PIERCE LAW DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, WITH RESPECT TO THIS SITE AND THE CONTENT, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, I DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, (A) OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (B) ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE; (C) RELATING TO THE SECURITY OF THIS SITE; (D) THAT THE CONTENT OF THIS SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT; AND (E) THAT THIS SITE WILL OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERROR.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES – ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
PIERCE LAW IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE IN ANY MANNER FOR ANY USER POSTINGS. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, SHALL PIERCE LAW OR ITS PARTNERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, VENDORS, LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, INCLUDING, IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CONTENT, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES RELATED TO OR PROVIDED THROUGH THIS SITE.
THIS IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL LOSSES AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING LOSS OF DATA, INCOME OR PROFITS), WHETHER THE CLAIM IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF PIERCE LAW HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND WITHOUT REGARD TO THE EFFECTIVENESS OF OTHER REMEDIES.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES – ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- All actions or proceedings arising out of or relating to these Terms of Service must be venued exclusively in state or federal court in Minnesota and you irrevocably consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of Minnesota courts for all such purposes.
- If any provision of these Terms of Service is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, that provision will be interpreted to best accomplish the objectives of the original provision to the fullest extent allowed by law and the remaining provisions of these Terms of Service will remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms of Service contain the entire understanding and agreement between you and me with respect to use of this Website, superseding any previous communication or agreements.
- Failure to enforce a provision of these Terms of Service does not constitute permission or a waiver of our rights.
Your comments and concerns
This Site is operated by Pierce Law, 120 South Sixth Street, Suite 2310, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
© 2019 Pierce Law