Advocate. Advisor. Ally.
I became a lawyer because I’m a natural advocate and helper. My legal career began with a focus on complex business litigation cases and, more recently, I broadened my scope to include business and corporate law. For nearly 15 years, I have represented clients in the consumer goods, retail, creative, digital media, IT, financial services, and wine and spirits industries. Now an entrepreneur myself, I bring my business and legal experience to help established businesses, start-ups, and individual entrepreneurs handle their legal needs so their businesses can grow and thrive.
I grew up in Minneapolis, Minnesota and now live in St. Paul with my family. In my free time, I enjoy cooking with my husband, getting outside with our two energetic girls, and relaxing with a good book (and maybe a good bourbon).
My experience is broad and varied
I’ve handled cases through all stages of litigation: from pre-suit investigation through trial and appeal. I’ve tried cases in court and in arbitration, and found ways to resolve legal disputes before they get to court.
I partner with businesses of all sizes
But working with small businesses – particularly in the creative industry – is my specialty. I enjoy the variety that comes from serving the broad legal needs of small firms like yours – whether it’s resolving a major challenge that threatens your business, to protecting your business assets, to choosing the best structure for your start-up.
I spent my time both in courtrooms and in conference rooms
And I believe there’s always room for another client. I would welcome the opportunity to resolve the business law needs of your company.
“I believe in compromise. Avoiding the courtroom is often the smartest and swiftest course of action. Of course, sometimes boldly taking a stand with litigation is necessary. In that case, let’s play to win.”
- B.A., 1999, Political Science and Women’s Studies, Carleton College
- J.D., 2004, University of Minnesota Law School
- Lead Note and Comment Editor, Minnesota Law Review
- Published work: A Fire Without Smoke: The Elimination of the Direct Evidence Requirement for Mixed-Motive Employment Discrimination in Costa v. Desert Palace, Inc., 87 MINN. L. REV. 2173 (2003)
- Chair of the Board of Directors, Girls on the Run Twin Cities
- Volunteer attorney, Pro Se Project, United Stated District Court, District of Minnesota
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Illusion Theater
- Past Member, Young Alumni Task Force, Saint Paul Academy & Summit School Alumni Council
- Past Elected Board Member, Board of Directors, Highland District Council (District 15, St. Paul)
Admissions and Bar Memberships
- Admitted to Minnesota’s state and federal courts
- Admitted to United States Courts of Appeals for Eighth and Federal Circuits
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers